Booking Terms and Conditions
General Terms applying to Contractual Agreements
In the absence of express exceptions, musical services contracts with Scott Ainslie and Cattail Music, Ltd. will be governed by the terms below. In the event of a dispute, both parties agree to strive to treat each other fairly and equitably in order to come to a resolution satisfactory to all. To that end:
Illness/Accidents/Acts of God:
- Presenter and Artist agree that in case of illness, accidents, accidents to means of transportation, riots, strikes, epidemics, Acts of God, acts of public authorities, or any other cause beyond the Artist’s control, Artist’s obligations will be voided. In such cases, there shall be no claim for damages by either party to this contract and the deposit, if taken, will be refunded in full to the Presenter.
Rescheduling Cancelled Work:
- In the event of an unanticipated cancellation by the Presenter, both parties agree to work together in good faith to reschedule the event at a mutually agreeable date and time.
- When the Artist has incurred significant travel expense to honor a contract and the contract, or a portion of the contract, is cancelled due to weather, the artist will be paid in full and every attempt will be made to route and reschedule the cancelled portion of the event within 12 months at no additional fee for the Artist, though travel costs may be negotiated separately.
- Presenter agrees to promote the event in good faith and agrees that Cattail Music, Ltd. administers this contract, but is not a party to the contract and it functions here solely as an arts booking and administration agency. Cattail Music, Ltd. will not be liable to either party for any breach of this contract.
- Artist will assist in promotion with on-line listings, and will make himself available for interviews and advance articles as needed. Advance arrangements for interviews should be made in a timely fashion. We will do everything we can to help make our event a success.
Sound Reinforcement and Stage Safety:
- Presenter agrees that written agreements on sound reinforcement, advertising, stage and weather safety are binding and valid. Any attached rider or information sheets are valid parts of any agreement and must be honored by the Presenter and the Artist. All indoor venues must be non-smoking.
- Outdoor performance areas must be shaded and protected from sun and rain. Fully grounded and safe electrical outlets must be available. It is always advisable that an alternative weather back up plan be in place if needed.
- Payment is due upon completion of the services, except in the case of weather cancellations covered above. Checks should be made out to: Scott Ainslie, 1o1 Washington Street, Brattleboro VT 05301. Social Security number available on request.
- If your organization’s payment procedures will delay payment, notify us immediately and secure confirmation. Any delay in payment must be agreed to in advance.
Penalties for Late Payment:
- In the absence of prior agreement, the Presenter agrees to pay a penalty of an additional 10% over and above the contracted fee for any unanticipated delay in payment. This penalty may be waived at the sole discretion of the Artist.
- If a deposit is required with this contract, both parties agree that cancellation by the Presenter will result in the forfeiture of the Presenter’s deposit.