Guitar & Music Camps
In 1995, I began teaching guitar, claw-hammer banjo, old-time fiddle, and performance at various music camps in the US, Scotland, and England.
My guitar courses have included acoustic Blues and slide guitar in standard and open tunings, right hand picking technique, song accompaniment, the music of Mississippi John Hurt and of Delta Blues legend Robert Johnson, among others.
The camps I’ll be teaching at this year are listed in our calendar section.
Over the past 20 years, I have been honored to have become a sort of legacy instructor at Guitar Week at the Swannanoa Gathering on the campus of Warren Wilson College in western NC, and Common Ground On The Hill at McDaniels College in Westminster, MD.
I have also taught at:
• WUMB’s Summer Acoustic Music Week – Geneva Point, NH
• String Along Weekends – Milwaukee, WI
• Blues Week at the Augusta Heritage Days – Elkins, WV
• Menucha Blues In The Gorge – Portland, OR
• EuroBlues Week – Northampton, UK
• Common Ground: Scotland – Ayre, Scotland
Please contact Scott to arrange private lessons via Skype, at his studio in Brattleboro VT, or when he is on the road in your neighborhood.